Thursday, November 21, 2013

God is a Healer

For the past three weeks, I've been praying and asking God to reveal Himself as the Healer in my life. I have always heard and been taught that He is but never fully experienced His healing power with my eyes. My faith had definitely lacked in this area of Gods character. A lot of unbelief. So in effort to boost it, I asked Him for an opportunity to see Him as a Healer. 
For those who don't know, my family has encountered a strange and hard case of sickness/injury the past few weeks. Mom and Dad both have had the flu, my sister Katie experienced a bad stomach virus, and I have had a rash on my face, poison ivy-like rash on my ankles and feet, and a toe smashed by a sledge hammer. I thought for sure God was just getting us really sick to show me that He is the Healer.... Not quite. 
But He did provide. Last night. It was our last night of Schoolies in Airlie Beach and I was on the tent welcome team. Me and a few team members engaged in a conversation with a 17 year old named Rafael. He was a very interesting guy. Near the end of our conversation, one of my teammates asked if there was anything we could pray for. He didn't understand. So my first statement after that..."do you have any physical injuries?" He immediately responded with "my ankle!"
He went on to explain that he had a huge passion for soccer but about 16 months ago, he had a nasty injury that completely tore his ankle to pieces. So what did we do? Asked for it to be healed so he could play again. As I was praying for Rafael, God spoke, "Here he is Jacob. You wanna see healing? Command it." So I commanded all the tendons, ligaments, and bones to be restructured to their original state. God spoke, "He's healed." 
I asked Rafael to try to run to see if it hurt. (He hadn't ran in over a year) He didn't wanna risk it. I understand his logic, being an athlete and all. He told us he would try running later in the night and come back and let us know! As he was leaving, I just whispered, "dude. God healed you. Trust Him." He returned a small smile and nod and kept walking. 
He came a few hours later, ecstatic! He was saying that his ankle was all better and that when he ran it didn't hurt or anything! He was so excited....and so was I! 
God answers prayers. 
God is a Healer. 
God is good.  

Much love! 
Jacob

4 comments:

  1. WoW!!! That is amazing Jacob! I'm glad that He was able to show you his healing power to bolster up your faith in Him. He is faithful in all things isn't He? HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome report! God is always at work showing his faithfulness. What a blessing to be His vessel.
    Proud that you are experiencing His Power and Works.
    Love you...Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacob, Thank you for this post. Recently our church has had a new member added along with his family. He, Scott Thayer had been diagnosed with a rare type of cancer and had been prepared for the worst. We as a church prayed for complete healing for this dear brother and he was healed!!! Praise God!!!!! The doctors are stumped.... But we know the only source of eternal healing.God is AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!! James Hall

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me of the song 'Our God'...I'm sure you remember the words

    ReplyDelete